|Discipline||Writing and Reading (II); Contemporary Literary Theory|
|Speciality||European Romanticism and Modernism; poetry and poetics; word and image; (visual) rhetoric; aesthetics; history of ideas|
- Journal Articles
- "'Le vertige de l'hyperbole': Baudelaire, Longinus, and the Poetics of Excess." Orbis Litterarum 69.3 (2014): 246-67 (A&HCI, Wiley-Blackwell). Attach File
- "Education as a Pharmakon in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein." The Explicator 68.4 (2010): 223-26. (A&HCI)Attach File
- "'To Form a New Compound': Eliot, Bergson, and Cubism." Études Britanniques Contemporaines 31 (2006): 55-67. (MLA-IB)
- "Derrida's Deconstruction and the Rhetoric of Proper Genres in Leonardo and Lessing." CLCWeb: Comparative Literature and Culture 8.3 (2006): <http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/clcweb/vol8/iss3/1/>. (A&HCI) Attach File
- Book Chapters
- Rethinking the Concept of the Grotesque: Crashaw, Baudelaire, Magritte. Oxford: Legenda, 2010. This book has been awarded an Honourable Mention for the 2013 Anna Balakian Prize by the International Comparative Literature Association.
- Symposium Papers & Conference Proceedings
- “‘Ce qui n’est pas légèrement difforme a l’air insensible’: Baudelaire, Longinus, and Hyperbole.” The 20th Congress of the International Comparative Literature Association, Paris, France, July 23, 2013.
- “A Book of Love and Pain: The Monster’s Desire for Human Relations in Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein.” The 4th Global Conference on A Making Sense of Pain, Prague, Czech, May 10, 2103.
- "'Sorrow only increased with knowledge': The Monster's Search for Human Relations in Mary Shelley's Frankenstein." The 19th Annual Conference of the ROC English and American Literature Association, Hualien, Taiwan, November 12, 2011.
- "The Pursuit of the Sensuous: Crashaw, the Catholic Baroque, and the Joy of Divine Horror." The 17th Annual Conference of the ROC English and American Literature Association, Taipei, November 14, 2009.
- "'Aegri Somnia': Towards an Aesthetics of the Grotesque." The XI International Triennial Conference of the British Comparative Literature Association, London, UK, July 4, 2007.
- "The Baroque Grotesque: Richard Crashaw's Sensuous Images." The 2007 Hermes International Seminar: World Literature and World Culture, Århus, Denmark, June 17, 2007.
- "Fusion Style: Towards a Poetics of the Grotesque Body." The 26th Annual International Conference of the Poetics and Linguistics Association, Joensuu, Finland, July 27, 2006.
- "The Poetics of Collage: Eliot, Bergson, and Cubism." The 2005 Conference of the Canadian Comparative Literature Association / 74thCongress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, Western Ontario, Canada, May 31, 2005.
- "'Le beau est tourjours bizarre': Baudelaire's Demonic Imagination." Taiwan Scientific Symposium, Cambridge, UK, December 5, 2005.
- "'A Heap of Broken Images': Eliot, Cubism, and Modernism." The 2005 Conference of the Société d'Etudes Anglaises Contemporaines & Société des Amis d'Intertexte: The Infinite Dialogue: Redefining the Word/Image Analogy in the 20th-21st Centuries, London, UK, September 24, 2005.
- "'A Rhetoric of Metamorphosis': Richard Crashaw's Grotesque Imagery." The 24th Annual International Conference of the Poetics and Linguistics Association, New York City, New York, USA, July 26, 2004.
- 'René Magritte: A Poetic Adventure in the Unconscious.' The Annual Conference of the American Comparative Literature Association, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, April 18, 2004.
- "'Exorbitant': The Battle of Proper Genres in Comparative Arts: Leonard, Lessing, and Derrida.' The 29th Annual Conference of the Southern Comparative Literature Association, Austin, Texas, USA, September 20, 2003.
- Review of Metaphor, by David Punter. Language and Literature 18.1 (2009): 78-80. (A&HCI)Attach File
|Year||Project Name||Participator||Job||Period||Cooperative Organization||Attach File/Reference Link||Remarks|
|101||Shun-liang Chao||2012-08 ~ |
|99||Shun-liang Chao||2010-10 ~ |
|99||Roland Barthes and Visual Culture||Shun-liang Chao||Investigator||2010-03 ~ |
|Centre for Humanities Studies, National Science Council|
|99||Shun-liang Chao||2010-08 ~ |
|National Chiao Tung University||Assistant Professor||Foreign Lang & Lit||2009-08 ~ 2011-07|
|Comparative Literature Studies (Penn State UP); Wenshan Review; Concentric; Intergrams||Reviewer||2008-06 ~|
|University College, London||Adjunct teaching fellow||2006-09 ~ 2006-12|
|University College, London||European Comparative Literature||PhD||2004-10 ~ 2009-04|
|Awarded Year||Award||Arwarding Unit|
|2013||The Anna Balakian Book Prize (Honourable Mention)||The International Comparative Literature Association|
|2004||UCL/Universities UK full scholarship||UCL/Universities UK|